Hat #2 With A Few Tweaks

Now that I have completed my first adult-sized hat, I moved on to my second. However, in Angela fashion I tweaked the pattern a touch.

  1. I increased the needle size from 10 to 13. The point of the hats are for warmth not necessarily fashion. That is why I started with a basic pattern and not a harder one. Larger needles allow for faster project time, and a better hat to hat turnover.
  2. With the larger needle size and stitches, I decreased the number of cast on stitches. I get the same width without all the extra stitches.

Ultimately, I am also hoping this approach will help me save on yarn. The more yarn I save, the more hats I can make per skein.

With these few tweaks, I am curious how it will turn out. I may like it more than the original. Who knows!

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.