Does anyone remember my (too large) first mask?
I looked around the internet, purchased multiple patterns and ultimately wound back up with the surgical mask. This time, however, you may have noticed it fits properly! That is because I did some minor alterations to the pattern.
There are 2 main changes I implemented.
- I cut down the number of rows used in the mask. Rather than make it so it goes to the neck, I cut it off once it folded partially under the chin, improving how it looks immensely.
- I added inside straps to allow for replaceable cloth/filters to be inserted. This increases the masks’ effectiveness.
I also lengthened the lower straps that sew to the longer tie-on strap but that was more for comfort than anything. I had to adjust a bit since the mask ends differently than the original.
Now that I have a pattern I am happy with, my next step is to make more! Using my Hobo Hats platform, I plan to give them out to people in need.